Hometown Trust. A World of Difference.
On May 21, 1951, Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union was founded with one main purpose: to provide members with systematic savings options and to offer credit at reasonable rates.
During its 65 years of operation, Westmoreland Community has grown from a small financial institution to one of the largest credit unions in Westmoreland County. Its roots began in 1951 when Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania established Bellco Employees Federal Credit Union, a member-owned financial cooperative for Westmoreland County’s Greensburg Division of Bell Telephone Employees.
The following is a brief list of notable events in the history of Westmoreland Community:
- 1951: Bell Of PA Telephone Employees Established Bellco Employees Federal Credit Union
- 2004: The Name Of The Credit Union Changed To Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union And The Charter Changed To Community With Membership Open To All Individuals Who Live, Work, Worship Or Attend School In Westmoreland County.
- 2007: Greater Greensburg Industrial Credit Union Merges With Westmoreland Community
- 2007: Main Office Renovations
- 2009: Harrison City Branch Was Opened
- 2010: Greensburg Community Federal Credit Union Merges With Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union
- 2013: Penn Trafford High School’s Student Branch Opened; The Warrior Cash Stash
- 2014: WESTCO Federal Credit Union Merges With Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union
- 2014: Penn Trafford Elementary And Middle Schools’ Save Day Program Began
- 2015: Greensburg Central Catholic Junior-Senior High School’s Student Branch Opened; The Centurion Cash Stash
- 2015: Save Day Program Expanded To Mother Of Sorrows School